cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: planning FP TagLib for C2
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2000 16:45:43 GMT
At 14:04 +0100 09/09/00, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>I would like what I am doing for C1 to be forward compatible with C2.
>
>As I understand the situation ....
>
>I must not pass xspCurrentNode, document, or contentHandler to my methods.
>Any manipulation of parent elements must be done using XSL in my logicsheet.
>My methods should return XObjects.

Hang on, I think I am confusing this ...

There are two XObjects ....

An interface org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject

A class org.apache.xalan.xpath.XObject (that I have been getting aquainted
with)

I must return an object that implements org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject ??
ie. that has both toDOM(Node) and toSax(DocumentHandler) methods?

thanks for any help

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre