cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Ulrich Niedermann <niederm...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject NoSuchMethodError in C2 (was: NPE in current C2)
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2000 19:33:07 GMT
"Ed Staub" <estaub@mediaone.net> writes:

> I've gotten this from a bad classpath.
> Make sure the jar filenames match exactly.

Good guess :-), thanks. I had some broken symlinks from tomcat/lib to
C2's lib dir.

> Check cocoon.xconf for things you haven't included in the classpath.
> And check the console output - if there's a ClassDefNotFound there, it's
> telling you what's missing.

Well, cocoon.xconf contains only stuff which is in cocoon.jar.

Can the following error (the one I get now) have a similar reason?
What irritates me a little bit is the line which ends after "at ".

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment: method getObjectModel()Ljava/util/Dictionary;
not found
        at
        at _home._uli._public_html._xml_isd_uni_stuttgart_de._software._dist._tomcat._webapps._cocoon2._sitemap_xmap.process(_sitemap_xmap.java:1174)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.process(SitemapHandler.java:127)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.invoke(SitemapManager.java:80)
        at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:184)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

Puzzled,

Uli