cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject Re: [1.8-dev patch] Global Vars in XSP - xsp:variable
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:59:52 GMT
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Donald Ball wrote:
> hrm? in what sense can you not pass <xsp:expr> expressions into esql?

<page>
<xsp:logic>
	UserRecord user = new UserRecord(<response:get-parameter
name="user"/>);
</xsp:logic>
<esql:execute-query>
	&sql_driver_info;
	<esql:query>select meu_item from menu_list where menu_allowed =
<xsp:expr>user.getMenuAllowed()</xsp:expr></esql:query>
	<esql:results>
	<meuitem><esql:get-string column="menu_item"/></menuitem>
	</esql:results>
</esql:execute-query>

will generate something along the lines of

Class or Variable 'user' not declaired : user.getMenuAllowd()

> i somewhat concur here, actually, this does perhaps improve clarity. i'm
> curious to see what ricardo and stefano, and naturally, we should get in
> touch with matt sergeant before making any changes to the xsp namespace.

Yeah, Matt might want to see that addition, in an effort to keep things
compatable. Although Robin says not until Next release anyway, so there's
time.

> someone had mentioned being able to make an xsp-dev list just for these
> issues - can that be revisited by someone with admin powers on locus?

+1

| Kevin Sonney        kevin@webslingerZ.com |
| Systems Programmer    www.webslingerZ.com |