cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>
Subject Re: esql diff of the moment
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:28:26 GMT
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Wow! How very informative! Thanks Oracle!
>
> ROTFL :)
>
> I needed that tonight, thanks Kevin :)

it *IS* kinda funny, in retrospect. However, upon discovery of this error
message, it was also subject to a very *LONG* string of explicatives.

Here's a reminder for all of us  : not every vendor uses setMessage() to
do anything useful in it's exceptions. Always try to provide a stack
trace - even if it is just to the error log.

That saves a lot of hair pulling and gnashing of teeth! *grin*

| Kevin Sonney        kevin@webslingerZ.com |
| Systems Programmer    www.webslingerZ.com |