cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: esql diff of the moment
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:49:58 GMT
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Kevin Sonney wrote:

> Well, donald has done a supurb job on the newer error handling code in
> esql. But not all the JDBC drivers set the message to something
> inteligable.

whatcha talking about? it's junky, just spits out a non-configurable chunk
of XML...

> Take, for example, oracle. When the oracle thin driver encounters a Column
> index out of bound error, it generates the following inn getMessage() :
>
> 0
>
> Wow! How very informative! Thanks Oracle!

:)

> So, in order to make life *MUCH* happier, here's a small pacth to dump the
> stach trace to the error log. YMMV, and I'm sure there's a better way that
> will put it into the doc.

nah, i went ahead and cleaned it up more nicely. i added a new set of
elements that are instantiated in case of an exception:

<esql:error-results>
 <message><esql:get-message/></message>
 <tostring><esql:to-string/></tostring>
 <stacktrace><esql:get-stacktrace/></stacktrace>
</esql:error-results>

- donald