cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Update/sample for calendar...
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 19:34:20 GMT
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, John Morrison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Fixed a bug where there could be 5 weeks in a month if the first day
> was a Sunday and added week_of_year and day_of_year.  Also, since I
> think that all things really should have a sample (esp something this easy)
> I've knocked together a page which will display a years calendar from
> the current month.
>
> I quite like tinkering so I'll try and add more functionality (moon phases
> anybody?) when I can!

word. patches have been applied. would you mind passing along your sample
page as well (wasn't in the zip)? thanks.

btw, i think there's a definite need for a generic calendar xsp logicsheet
- which the current calendar is not, being strongly tied to a month
view. what i'd thought about was some function which took the following
inputs:

start date (e.g. 1/1/2000)
stop date (e.g. 1/31/2000)
shortest time unit (e.g. date)
list of time units to display (date, week_of_month, month, year)

which would iterate from the start date to the stop date incrementing by
the shortest time unit creating an XML structure as it went. i had real
trouble doing it in a strictly java library using DOM objects, but now
that i really understand how XSP logicsheets work (see esql logicsheet),
it might prove easier to write it. got any thoughts along these lines?

- donald