cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: C2 XSP SQL taglib
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2000 01:51:21 GMT
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Ricardo Rocha wrote:

> We may also consider XSLT's own use of <xsl:element> where attribute
> name can take a dynamic XPath expression:
>
>   <xsl:element name="{@tagname}">...</xsl:element>
>
> Since XSP doesn't support XSLT's {...} idiom inside attributes, we
> may need to do something like:
>
>   <xsp:element namespace="http://localhost/foo">
>     <xsp:name><xsp:expr>
>       "new" + tagName
>     </xsp:expr></xsp:name>
>   </xsp:element>

fearfully, i point to a possibility inadequacy here. suppose, just
suppose, the namespace weren't known at compile time either. should we
make it complete by adding:

   <xsp:element>
    <xsp:namespace>
     <xsp:expr>unknownNamespaceString</xsp:expr>
    </xsp:namespace>
    <xsp:name><xsp:expr>
       "new" + tagName
     </xsp:expr></xsp:name>
   </xsp:element>

i can assure you, i'll never actually _want_ to use this construct, but
you _know_ someone will. right?

or we could bite the bullet and add {} expression processing to the
attributes of certain xsp elements. that would cut down on the number of
elements we need to add to the language.

- donald