cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: C2 XSP SQL taglib
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:28:39 GMT
On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> This is the interesting concept and, admittedly, I've been blinded by a
> "every contract is a schema" anti-pattern.
>
> Ok, I'm convinced... now we can talk about how to implement this in XSP.

normal syntax is:

<xsp:element name="foo"/>

but we want the name to be possibly chosen at runtime. this could work:

<xsp:element>
 <xsp:element-name>...</xsp:element-name>
</xsp:element>

e.g.

<xsp:element>
 <xsp:element-name><xsp:expr>rs.getString(1)</xsp:expr></xsp:element-name>
</xsp:element>

yeah, it's ugly, but then again, this isn't a feature we're going to be
encouraging people to use (i think we can all agree on that).

- donald