cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: CVS problem
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:11:16 GMT
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> I think my system is confused by the two seperate C1 repository paths:
>
> 	/home/cvspublic						anon CVS
> 	/home/cvs									CVS via SSH
>
> I tried to have them "overlap" on my machine so I could use the
> non-encrypted CVS for Checkout and Update and only use the (slower) secure
> connection for Commit.
>
> I guess this strategy will not work .... I've got to use only the secure
> connection for everything otherwise I can't commit right?.

that's right - otherwise you'll end up with a mishmash of differing
information in your CVS directories. i personally find that if i compress
my ssh connection (-C under UNIX), operations are significantly faster
than using vanilla anon cvs. or you can turn on compression using cvs's -z
option. try -z3.

- donald