cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Problem with Xalan1 and namespaces
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 01:26:36 GMT

It was creating the source tree, but did not process the namespaces as part
of it's construction (Xerces normally does that).  I don't want to add this
feature to Xalan 1, so I defaulted to not using the Xerces namespace
processing in this case, but instead default to my DOM default namespace
processing.  This is more expensive than having it done inside the DOM,
but...

This requires a code change, unfortunately, to Xalan, which I have checked
in.  I tried to find a workaround, but came up empty.

Cocoon2 should make the leap to Xalan2, IMHO.  I can't promise that you
won't come up with bugs, but at least we'll be rolling forwards, instead of
patching backwards.  For every bug that we have it fix or diagnose in
Xalan1, it takes away from progress of Xalan2.

-scott

                    Giacomo Pati

                    <Giacomo.Pati        To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    @pwr.ch>             cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Problem with Xalan1 and namespaces

                    giacomo@lotus

                    .com

                    09/11/2000

                    04:09 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-dev

Hi Scott

There is an xml document in cocoon2-base/webapp/sitemap.xmap and a
stylesheet in
cocoo2-base/webapp/stylesheets/sitemap/simple-sitemap2html.xsl.

It transformes well on the command line but not when it is fed in as a
SAX2 stream (IMHO).

Giacomo

<Scott_Boag/CAM/Lotus@lotus.com>
cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org