cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <>
Subject RE: WEB-INF classloading and on the fly compilation
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:55:02 GMT
> Now, either am I a complete MORON or JavaC resolves everything using the
> System classloader, completely ignoring whatever classloader loaded
> itself? NOTICE: If this is true, we have a bunch of problems basically
> everywhere we want to do some on-the-fly compilation (tomcat people
> read: JSP!).

I took a look into Javac and found that there is no any ClassLoader's used
Class.forName. It just loads binary class data and processes it (class, static method load(Environment env,
DataInputStream in, int mask) throws IOException).

To find class file, it uses (in this order):

1. argument -sysclasspath (or -bootclasspath), or, if it not present, system
sun.boot.class.path. If property is absent (old java), then it uses property

2. All .jar's from directories specified with argument -extdirs, or, if not
system property java.ext.dirs.

3. argument -classpath

All this take place in class, protected
static method classPaths(...).

So, in some sence, you are completely right: it fully ignores any

View raw message