cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: new sql logicsheet!
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2000 02:47:03 GMT
> "Per Kreipke" <per@onclave.com> wrote:
> >Hmmm. Maybe the problem is this: it's in the file system, but it's not in
> >the 1.8 cocoon.jar file.
>
> This indicates you haven't run build.sh or build.bat.

That's right. I was sent the 1.8 jar file before 1.8 was released to fix a
specific bug for which there wasn't a work around.

> Whenever checking out any software from CVS, you cannot generally assume
> that the built version (if any) is up-to-date. So you should explicitly
> issue a build or make command before executing the software.

Since this advice keeps getting repeated I better heed it :-) I'm not sure
how to do this but I will try to find some help on this on line. If there
was a pointer to a good starting place for your favorite CVS info (e.g.
Win32 client, scripts, suggestions, FAQ, etc) I'd appreciate it.

Per.