cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: new sql logicsheet!
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2000 21:26:44 GMT
Donald,

Thanks for the pointers on getting your esql taglib to run!

For others, I got it running with the following code snippet and by putting
the XSL file in my file system, though not in the cocoon src directory:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-format type="text/xml"?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="esql.xsl"?>

<xsp:page ...>
 <esql:execute-query ...>
 </esql:execute-query>
</xsp:page>

I also had to change the code of version 1.5. At first it wouldn't run
because there was an errant comma in this call (connections without
user/pass):

    _sql_connection = DriverManager.getConnection(
     String.valueOf(<xsl:copy-of select="$dburl"/>), <-- here!
    );

probably fixed in 1.6 but I couldn't tell because 1.6 doesn't compile at
all. There's an error about 'void' not being a valid type for instance
variables. However, the line it chokes on lookes like a generated function
call (out of context?).

Per.

P.s. I had a little trouble figuring out which version worked because the
CVS version number isn't stamped in the code itself. Just a suggestion.