cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: Action proposal
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:56:45 GMT
<snip>

> root sitemap)
> in docs, and

> (Giacomo?) but
> > >
> > > The mounting of subsitemaps is already implemented and tested.
> > > Component inheritance is beeing deferred because we need the new
> > > Avalon release to implement it. It requires SitemapComponentManagers
> > > that can be arranged in a hierarchical way and they must be able to
> > > manage all kinds of sitemap components the right way by means of
> > > Poolable, Recyclable, Sharable, Clonable etc. interfaces.
> >
> > Ok, cool.
> >
> > Do me a favor: download the latest Avalon CVS and see if it works for
> > you. If not, make sure you tell them sooner rather than later... I don't
> > want to wait for another Avalon release.
>
> I'm already there (you should have seen my questions on the avalon list)
> :P
> I also will completing the sitemap docs I've begun. Please be patient
> with me I have a lot of other work to do these weeks.

Forgive my simple question, I'm sure I don't really understand exactly what
you guys are talking about but I was just working on something similar to
the 'property inheritance' described above. Given an XML tree describing
site directories and their properties, like below, I was thinking that XSL
could be used to 'cascade' and 'inherit' settings. E.g. Would want to make
sure that the 'Your mom' node was also private because it's parent 'Humor'
was private.

<dir name="Top">
  <props>
	<flPrivate>false</flPrivate>
  </props>
  <dir name="Humor">
    <props>
	<flPrivate>true</flPrivate>
    </props>
    <dir name="Your Mom">
    </dir>
  </dir>
</dir>

Instead of using Java to do this, couldn't the XSL or DOM processor do this?

Per.