cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Per Kreipke" <...@onclave.com>
Subject RE: C2: Uploader needed
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:56:00 GMT
I was asking about something similar on the '[C2] Access Control Needed'
thread. Similar to upload of files would be the ability to input XML
document into the system from outside via POSTs. Specifically, I'm thinking
of having Cocoon handle XML-RPC requests.

XML-RPC uses a "text/xml" POST HTTP request to send a XML payload
(containing function name and params) to the server which then executes the
referenced function and ships back another XML payload containing the return
code/contents.

An example use of this is to add messages to discussion groups or posting
images, etc.

I asked in the other thread whether the sitemap would allow XML transforms
in the input direction. I didn't get a clear answer [or failed to understand
it :) ].

Would this be a similar transformer/whatever?

Per.