cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: AW: C2: Uploader needed
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:53:48 GMT

So this means for an Upload initiated by a browser you need an custom
Generator anyway to put the received file into the SAX event stream,
right?
<<

Umm no. We have a resource which looks like this:

<sunshine:uploadfile>
    <sunshine:filepath>tmp</sunshine:filepath>
</sunshine:uploadfile>

and this triggers the UploadFileTransformer. In turn this Transformer then
reads the uploaded file from the HttpRequest and saves it to the path given
under <sunshine:filepath>. The file is not written into the SAX event
stream.

> but we *love* Transformers...)

Just curiosity, tell me why you love Transformer more than other
components?
<<

We think they are easy to master. We have a couple of people writing
transformers - it is a lot easier for "newbies" than digging into XSP. i.e.
we only need "slaves" :-) that can program java.

We have a few transformers that work (well) like this. So I guess the main
point is re-use and the fact that they then all work the same.

But this is only our opinion.

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]