cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: C2: Uploader needed
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:03:28 GMT

> At the moment we are considering an "UploadTransformer" which would
> grab the
> uploaded file from the HTTP stream and write that out to wherever..

Wouldn't it be better to implement that on a Generator base? Could you
explain why you want to implement it as a Transformer?
<<

_I_ was going to write it as a Generator - but then we (Carsten Ziegeler)
and I discussed this and he said (mumbling) that a "transformer" would be
more flexible and allow us to configure the transformer (and what it returns
as a result) on a per-call basis. At least that is what I think he meant
:-). He's da man (read: chief architect) when it comes to that - I just code
to relieve the frustration of managerial duties :-).

But perhaps he has more to add - hey wake up Carsten!

Matthew

Tel: +49-5251-1581-30   [mlangham@sundn.de - http://www.sundn.de]