cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robin Green" <>
Subject Re: debugging XSPs
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 00:03:11 GMT
Donald Ball <> wrote:
> > Is there any way of debugging (tracing, breakpoints etc.) Cocoon XSP
> > or libraries used by XSP?
> >
> > I use TomCat 3.2b (standalone) and CodeWarrior IDE on Mac and PC.
>sure. fire up the tomcat process using jdb instead of java. or there's
>some way to attach jdb to a running jvm, dunno what it is offhand tho.
>- donald

For the latter, the tomcat process has to be started with the cmdline option
-debug or -Xdebug This will print out a password for attaching.

Then you start jdb using jdb -attach

You should also be able to use an IDE like Netbeans which can attach to a
running VM for debugging. Just mount the repository directory in the
Netbeans explorer window to see the source code (I would think).