cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck ...@adolos.com>
Subject RE: [C2] Merging pipelines into a new pipeline
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:09:31 GMT
On Tuesday, September 19, 2000, at 02:42 PM, Ross Burton wrote:

>  >If I could do something like:
>  > <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('cocoon://pipe1.xml')/group/*"/>
>  > <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('cocoon://pipe2.xml')/group/*"/>
>
> What you are saying is could we create a new URI scheme, cocoon: , which
> access files through the sitemap engine.
>
> Why not? We were going to write a really cool URL handler at some point
> anyway (for jar: cvs: class: nfs: etc), is it possible to write a new
> URL Resolver to plug into Xalan/Xerces so that XSL files can access
> files via these new URL schemes?

The only problem with accessing normally through the sitemap (yes - I know
I effectively suggested it !) is that it forces you to make the input
files accessible externally via the server.  My impression with the
'resource' concept was that it might be offering the option of accessing
the results of pipelines of processing without those results having to be
made externally accessible.

Stuart.