cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck ...@adolos.com>
Subject [C2] Merging pipelines into a new pipeline
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:12:45 GMT
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this little problem.  I
suspect there is an elegant solution in Cocoon 2, but I haven't found it in
my trawling of the documentation and draft sitemap documents.

I basically want to merge the output (serialized) of two or more pipelines
as the input (generator) of another.

Currently I do it by creating a dummy.xml file as the generator for a
pipeline containing an XSLT translator which has code of the form:

<xsl:template match="dummy">
    <new-group>
        <xsl:apply-templates
select="document('http://localhost:8080/context/pipe1.xml')/group/*" />
        <xsl:apply-templates
select="document('http://localhost:8080/context/pipe2.xml')/group/*" />
    </new-group>
</xsl:template>

This works, but it's not exactly elegant / scaleable / etc.

If I could do something like:

   <xsl:apply-templates select="document('cocoon://pipe1.xml')/group/*" />
   <xsl:apply-templates select="document('cocoon://pipe2.xml')/group/*" />

...so that I didn't have to go via the server and indicate absolute
context specific addresses then this would be a big help.

"resources" referred to in the sitemap stuff seem promising, but they are
referred to as being "redundant", and I'm not quite sure what they are.

Can anyone give me any helpful pointers?

Thanks,

Stuart.