cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Subject getParameter() issue
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:11:04 GMT

I have been using Cocoon  technology with XML/XHTML and servlets in our work.

We know from basic HTML and servlets that if we do not have a particular field
(say a
text field) present in the HTML page and we issue an
in the servlet on that page, this method should return a Java  null.

However, I notice that when using Cocoon, the getParameter() method in such a
would return a  java String literal value of "null"   instead of  the Java null.

This could be confusing because we are actually getting a value instead of null.
A programmer
who is unaware of this will get bugs because his particular logic will be based
on a real null
instead of a String literal "null".

Is this a known feature of Cocoon  or is it a bug?  Has anyone encountered this

Thanks in advance for your help.

View raw message