cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Xalan1 and namespaces
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:11:23 GMT
Giacomo Pati [mailto:Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch] wrote:
> I remember Sean Timm having done some work toward Xalan2 in
> C2. Are you
> still on the list, Sean? Have you a status about your work?

I've been on vacation the last couple of weeks, so I'm responding to old
email, so if someone has already made this work in my absence, so much the
better!

Anyway, I did create a TrAX transformer and made several other changes that
should have made Xalan2 work with C2.  Unfortunately, it was dying during
transformation of the sitemap, so I haven't seen it work, yet.  I've held on
to an old codebase to get Xalan2 working before worrying too much about
integrating into the latest C2 code.  Before I left, I was able to track
down to what was happening, but I'll have to root around a bit to get back
to where I left off.  Xalan2 may have improved since I've been gone, too, so
I'll try it out to see if things work any better.

Integrating Xalan2 is still a strong goal for me, so I'll be actively
working on making this happen from here on out.  I desperately want to
demonstrate some streaming transformation action.  :)

- Sean T.