cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [bug] linking error
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:09:23 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:

> > However, I agree that shared libraries are badly defined in the W3C/XML world.
> > a) The classes from W3C were never properly packaged and maintained into JAR
> > files. Every user tend to put them into their own JARs
> > b) The same classes are not compatible between versions. I can not simply replace
> > them with the latest version (by compiling and putting them in a JAR in the
> > lib/ext/ directory) which would temporarily solve my problems.
> >
> > But I guess you are on top of this...
>
> I wouldn't say necessarily "on top of" -- more "suffering the consequences of" along
> with everyone else :-).

We appear to suffer more consequences of this than planned.

Here is another pretty serious bug report:

1) downloaded Tomcat 4.0M1
2) latest Cocoon2 from CVS

when executed (Sun JDK 1.3 under Win2k) I get

java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/Attributes violates loader
constraints
        at
_C_._Code._apache_org._jakarta_tomcat_4_0_m1._webapps._cocoon._sitemap_xmap.setConfiguration(_sitemap_xmap.java:480)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.run(SitemapHandler.java:149)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

but if I remove xerces.jar from /lib everything works just fine.

NOTE: cocoon/WEB-INF/lib *does* include Xerces_1.2.jar along with the
right SAX classes.

How about that?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.