cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: switching to C2 was: [Re: re project using cocoon 2.x@2]
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:20:09 GMT
Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote :
>
> > --- Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Am behind a firewall (with no HTTP tunneling). Is there a web page i
> > > can download the daily
> > > snapshots from? (for Cocoon2)
>
> > No, there aren't any daily snapshots of alpha code yet.
>
> Well I remember a thread dealing with the pro and cons of having such a
> snapshot for Cocoon 2, and it came out that the fact that cocoon2 was
> still in alpha stage would have generated a -lot of- questions on
> installation and issues from a point of view of users....
>
> Now that cocoon2 has reach kind of stable stage, and the installation
> process is going to be easier and easier (even easier than cocoon1,
> thanks to Servlet2.2), we should start IMHO pushing the Cocoon2 use, No ?

No, not until Stylebook is still in there. I _really_ don't want people
to look at stylebook any longer. It's already doing enough harm.

> Currently, I think -still IMHO- that cocoon2 is not accessible enough
> (not in term of installation, neither code or understanding, but rather
> in term of downloading and use), and cocoon1 should start fading away...
> Indeed in the dev mailing list, the main thread are Cocoon2 related, and
> very few are dealing with Cocoon1.

Oh, totally, but I feel that 70% of the basics are implemented, so we
have a few more milestones to go.

Anyway, beta for end of October I said, and beta for ApacheCON will be.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.