cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: re cvs problem@6.sdm
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:09:46 GMT
Robin Green wrote:

> Sebastien Sahuc <ssahuc@imediation.com> wrote:
> >Sebastien joking :-) and getting mad integrating Catalina --> JDK1.3 win32
> >makes a core dump :-(
>
> Hey, I didn't know win32 had core files! ;)
>
> Let me guess - "exception detected in native code outside the VM" or
> "Illegal Access Violation in ZIP.DLL" right? These (actually the same bug)
> are the only fatal VM errors I know of in JDK1.3-win32. And I happen to know
> how to fix them. :)

No, I had "coredumps" on both win32 and linux on JDK 1.3 at random and I
believe this is due to some non-standard usages of the JSSE extention
(Craig told me something about this and he was going to allow Catalina
to start without JSSE installed if you didn't want to use it).

Anyway, JDK 1.3 (both IBM and Sun) are FAR from being stable enough for
production enviornments so don't even think about using them just yet.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.