cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] what are the view components for ? And Q on command line
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:49:28 GMT
Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, but I could not understand what are the view components purpose in
> cocoon 2 sitemap. Could someone give me a hints on this ?

Oh, gosh, not now: anyway a small hint: views are different exit points
of the pipelines.. you place "labels" and when you request for a
particular view the sitemap matches the lables and when found exits and
jump to the view handler.

Something like

 pipeline:  a ---> b -+-> c ---> d

 view handler :  A --> X ---> Y ---> Z

So a normal request generates 'abcd' while the "A" view of the pipeline
will generate 'abXYZ'

Hope this makes sense.

> Indeed I started looking at the command line part Stefano wrote and it
> seems to work mainly with links uri.

Yes, you ask for the link view to be able to continue crawling the site.

> Could someone elaborate on the exaxt
> purpose of the command line, and give me an example on its usage ?

./build.sh docs

but without using Stylebook.

> Thanks for any reply. Meanwhile I'm going to investigate by myself... :-)
>
> Sebastien
>
> PS: The main reason I'm looking inside the command line is because I'd
> like to generate off line the XSP code since the on-the-fly generation
> takes way too long IMHO.
> And it takes even longer under Catalina : the CPU activity is not
> reaching 100% (less than 25%) whereas with standard configuration (lib in
> system classpath+ tomcat 3.2dev) the CPU is reaching 100% activity when
> compiling the XSP pages!

Hmmm, interesting...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.