cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2] what are the view components for ? And Q on command line
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:08:55 GMT
Sebastien Sahuc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, but I could not understand what are the view components purpose in
> cocoon 2 sitemap. Could someone give me a hints on this ?

It's looking at a resource from another dimension. Browsers usually take
the html view. Crawlers would look at it from the XLink view. Semantic
crawlers would look at it from the content view (plain xml).

Stefano, you have another explanation handy ;)

> Indeed I started looking at the command line part Stefano wrote and it
> seems to work mainly with links uri. Could someone elaborate on the exaxt
> purpose of the command line, and give me an example on its usage ?

It's not finished AFAIK. The command line part uses the XLink view of
the resources to be able to crawle the hole site and get all links to
all related resources. Subsequently it request the normal view of all
resources found and saves the resources gotten to disk.

> Thanks for any reply. Meanwhile I'm going to investigate by myself... :-)
>
> Sebastien
>
> PS: The main reason I'm looking inside the command line is because I'd
> like to generate off line the XSP code since the on-the-fly generation
> takes way too long IMHO.

What do you mean by on-the-fly? Compilation?

> And it takes even longer under Catalina : the CPU activity is not
> reaching 100% (less than 25%) whereas with standard configuration (lib in
> system classpath+ tomcat 3.2dev) the CPU is reaching 100% activity when
> compiling the XSP pages!

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch