cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Merging pipelines into a new pipeline
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:03:24 GMT
Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction with this little problem.  I
> suspect there is an elegant solution in Cocoon 2, but I haven't found it in
> my trawling of the documentation and draft sitemap documents.
>
> I basically want to merge the output (serialized) of two or more pipelines
> as the input (generator) of another.
>
> Currently I do it by creating a dummy.xml file as the generator for a
> pipeline containing an XSLT translator which has code of the form:
>
> <xsl:template match="dummy">
>     <new-group>
>         <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('http://localhost:8080/context/pipe1.xml')/group/*" />
>         <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('http://localhost:8080/context/pipe2.xml')/group/*" />
>     </new-group>
> </xsl:template>
>
> This works, but it's not exactly elegant / scaleable / etc.
>
> If I could do something like:
>
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="document('cocoon://pipe1.xml')/group/*" />
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="document('cocoon://pipe2.xml')/group/*" />

Hmmmm, just stroke me, what about simply

  <xsl:apply-templates select="document('pipe1.xml')/group/*" />

then

  <xsl:apply-templates select="document('file:///pipe1.xml')/group/*" />

if you wanted a file on the file system?

That way we don't have to extend URL and makes perfect sense to consider
the cocoon pipeline the current context.

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.