cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:01:00 GMT
Neeme Praks wrote:

> [...]

you can bet your ass on this :)

> That would be really useful when we start to put together Jetspeed2.

Yes, I know this. Jetspeed2 will be a piece of cake on top of C2.

> The functionality that I imagine would be that I specify the URI
> (sitemap URI), content-type and possibly also option to get it in a
> serialized/non-serialized form.
> Something like
>         <include uri="/content/news" content-type="text/RSS" serialized="false"/>
>
> (my imaginary syntax, too lazy to look up XInclude syntax right now...).

Well, XInclude is more or less exactly this :)

> Well, actually this is too simplistic, for Jetspeed2 we'll need to write
> something similar but more powerful, so we could also pass in some extra
> request and environment parameters to the called pipeline... But I hope this
> is possible?

I really hope Jetspeed2 will not need to extend C2 in any way... or if
it had to, we'll move it over to C2.

Jetspeed will provide the tubes while C2 will provide the plumbing :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.