cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Action proposal
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 20:35:14 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> 
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> 
> > > I know, I know... but I didn't hear your comments on the proposals I
> > > made.
> >
> > To be honest, the hole ComponentManager discussion is too academic to me
> > and the fact that the discussion is long lasting enough prevents me to
> > comment further on. I really have to manage my time that I can spend on
> > Apache projects make me contributing on C2 only because I like it very
> > much and I want to make it a golden hammer (or a silver bullet at least
> > :). And I see the work we have to do in C2 now that
> > NamedComponentManager is nuked.
> 
> Yes, I know... but having a solid framework prevents this to happen
> again... it's in your interest as well, isn't it?

Yes, of course it is in my interest. To be honest most of the time I
don't understand what you're talking about because I haven't the time to
follow those long threads seriously. But because I know who is debatting
there (you, Berin, Pete and others) I'm conviced you'll find a good
solution because you people on the avalon list are far smarter designers
that I am (from the abstract point of view). I think my part of the game
is to make others (ie. Pete and Berin) aware of what C2 needs and
convince them to follow threads on this list too (as happened with Pete
recently). 

Look, I have two or three evening of about three or four hours which I
can spend on coding. But most of the time consumes me by reading and
responding to mails. And the fact that the Americans blast my mailbox in
the evening I need half the time I can spend on those issues. But I
really want to make C2 rock and I know that I can't do it alone so I
must be active on the cocoon lists to convince others to help.

> 
> > Your proposals are ok so I don't have to comment on it.
> 
> Ok, good, but others might not know this :)

But you are one of the best "fighter" I know :)

> > I know you would
> > like me to support Avalon as well because it is very fundamental but
> > this fundamentals at the point they have reached today is really not my
> > skill.
> 
> No problem.
> 
> > Well, I've made a comment today to show where my expectations are and
> > you'll see that they are at the point where I am looking for
> > implementation ease.
> 
> This is what I wanted from you: reality checks from an implementation
> standpoint.

Ok, but no one seems to take notice of that (at least nobody commented
on that) because it's implementation stuff and you guys are talking
about abstact design. And I can even understand that they won't talk
about implementations at that point of the discussion. But well, if this
is what you are expecting from me then I feel that some pressure
releases from me :)

> > > > I also will completing the sitemap docs I've begun. Please be patient
> > > > with me I have a lot of other work to do these weeks.
> > >
> > > My patience is infinite (more or less), it's the rest of the people here
> > > that is not :)
> >
> > Whom you say that. I might be one of the most unpatient one and have C2
> > working with all those beautifull things we've discussed so far earlier
> > rather that later. But I know myself very well and I will go on slowly
> > to make the systems design well.
> 
> :) I infected almost everyone around here with the "better is better"
> design pattern... (rather than "worse is better") and people used to
> flame me for that, eh, eh, what a revenge... :)
> 
> > BTW: I had a RT about the issues we discussed under this thread. Listen:
> 
> I'm all ears..
> 
> > Now that we need to have a hierachical SitemapComponentManager to make
> > C2 scalable and reduce verbosity in the sitemap why can't we expose that
> > SitemapComponentManager to Components and let them build the pipeline
> > (or parts of it) programmatically, he he :) :) :)
> 
> Oh, gees, this is *very* RT... but I see something there... I'd say
> "throw some good implementation rock at and see if it breaks".

Ok, next mail please :)

Giacomo

-- 
PWR GmbH, Organisation & Entwicklung      Tel:   +41 (0)1  856 2202
Giacomo Pati, CTO/CEO                     Fax:   +41 (0)1  856 2201
Hintereichenstrasse 7                     Mobil: +41 (0)78 759 7703
CH-8166 Niederweningen                    Mailto:Giacomo.Pati@pwr.ch
                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch

Mime
View raw message