cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Zvi <the...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: [C2] Merging pipelines into a new pipeline
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:23:18 GMT
Hi,

Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction with this little problem.  I
> suspect there is an elegant solution in Cocoon 2, but I haven't found it in
> my trawling of the documentation and draft sitemap documents.
>
> I basically want to merge the output (serialized) of two or more pipelines
> as the input (generator) of another.
>
> Currently I do it by creating a dummy.xml file as the generator for a
> pipeline containing an XSLT translator which has code of the form:
>
> <xsl:template match="dummy">
>     <new-group>
>         <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('http://localhost:8080/context/pipe1.xml')/group/*" />
>         <xsl:apply-templates
> select="document('http://localhost:8080/context/pipe2.xml')/group/*" />
>     </new-group>
> </xsl:template>
>
> This works, but it's not exactly elegant / scaleable / etc.
>
> If I could do something like:
>
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="document('cocoon://pipe1.xml')/group/*" />
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="document('cocoon://pipe2.xml')/group/*" />

Both solutions, look as a hack to me. Don't you think that this should be way
to programmaticaly merge results of several pipelines at XSP and C2 Sitemap
levels? (without internal HTTP requests, as in your example).
Please look at last messages of "Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap" thread.

Regards,
Zvi