cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Zvi <the...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:17:19 GMT
Hi,

Neeme Praks wrote:

> [...]

That was exactly was I talking about. And my real life example is building portals,
like Jetspeed.
I have solution for Cocoon 1, that allows me to execute XSP programmatically. In C2
we need solution to programmatically include result of another pipeline into XSP or
in sitemap. In case of sitemap, you will need variables that I was talking about.

------------------------
Neeme, in your attached message u wrote:

"As a result, besides providing simple dynamic URI generation (inherited
from Turbine), Jetspeed needs POST/GET variable namespacing. Basically
it means that jetspeed should provide totally transparent form variable
name rewriting to avoid name clashes between different portlets on the
same page (similar to URL rewriting provided by servlet engine). This is
useful when I'm generating URL with some variables in querystring: if
you put variable names without any namespacing, there will be no way to
find out to which portlet these variables were meant for. Also it is
good for security if portlets have access to only their own variables.
This could possibly be achieved with simple XSLT stylesheet that
transforms all the variable names."

I think, that this superflous, b/c each portlet will have its own form, so browser
will POST only variables from the right form. In case of GET you choose the variables
to put on query string, so there is no problem.

Reagrds,
Zvi