cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Zvi <the...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:00:34 GMT
Hi, Nicola

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

[skip]

> I see two "problems" that he is trying to address: speed(hence caching)
> and inclusion.
> For the speed, I don't think it's an issue, but if you need you can write a
> custom Generator that caches according to you _personal_ needs.
> For the inclusion... it's just a matter of making a transformer that
> gets parameters in input telling the header and footer... not too hard,
> believe me. :-)

My example is over simplified. I the real life thing, I need to include tens of
other transformed XSP results, most of them unknown on the design time - not
just header and footer :)

Other "problem" that, solution of Giacomo, use intermediate HTTP requests, to
execute XSPs. I think that is reasonable to have option to execute XSP
programmatically.

There is no "problems" for me, I just think that the whole idea of Cocoon is to
make things simple and easy to use for non-programmers and for fast prototyping
by programmers. My idea is just extrapolation of XSP and sitemap. User can't be
forced, to write Custom Transformer in Java, for such a basic thing, as
inclusion result of another pipeline.

Best regards,
Zvi.