cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon build.sh build.xml
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:19:15 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Peter Donald <donaldp@mad.scientist.com> wrote:

> > >I don't know what's wrong but C2 doesn't build anymore. There seems
> > >be a problem with Ant. The message of ant is
> > >
> > >build.xml:122: Unexpected element "path"
> > >
> > >Have you commited the right Ant version ? I don't know how to fix
> > this
> > >and need it urgently to work ahead. I've done a new update this
> > morning.
> >
> > I think path was only added post 1.1 ant release so you will have to
> > grab
> > it from the CVS and compile - I just updated ant a few seconds ago
> > and it
> > seems to run stable so there shouldn't be too much risk in doing that
>
> Introducing changes to build.xml without commiting the right Ant
> version is a real pain. At the moment I'm not able to checkout things
> from any CVS (sitting behind a non tunneling firewall :()

I did commit the right Ant to the CVS. You might have Ant in your
lib/ext, make sure it's not.

> I've packed C2 onto discs this morning to be able to work on it during
> lunch break and now I can't even compile it, shit.

Sorry, but it works like a breeze on my system (where I have an empty
classpath and an empty lib/ext exactly to avoid these things from
happening... and WinCVS says xml-cocoon2/lib/ant.jar file is up to date)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.