cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Action proposal
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:57:40 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> > I know, I know... but I didn't hear your comments on the proposals I
> > made.
> To be honest, the hole ComponentManager discussion is too academic to me
> and the fact that the discussion is long lasting enough prevents me to
> comment further on. I really have to manage my time that I can spend on
> Apache projects make me contributing on C2 only because I like it very
> much and I want to make it a golden hammer (or a silver bullet at least
> :). And I see the work we have to do in C2 now that
> NamedComponentManager is nuked.

Yes, I know... but having a solid framework prevents this to happen
again... it's in your interest as well, isn't it?
> Your proposals are ok so I don't have to comment on it.

Ok, good, but others might not know this :)

> I know you would
> like me to support Avalon as well because it is very fundamental but
> this fundamentals at the point they have reached today is really not my
> skill.

No problem.
> Well, I've made a comment today to show where my expectations are and
> you'll see that they are at the point where I am looking for
> implementation ease.

This is what I wanted from you: reality checks from an implementation
> > > I also will completing the sitemap docs I've begun. Please be patient
> > > with me I have a lot of other work to do these weeks.
> >
> > My patience is infinite (more or less), it's the rest of the people here
> > that is not :)
> Whom you say that. I might be one of the most unpatient one and have C2
> working with all those beautifull things we've discussed so far earlier
> rather that later. But I know myself very well and I will go on slowly
> to make the systems design well.

:) I infected almost everyone around here with the "better is better"
design pattern... (rather than "worse is better") and people used to
flame me for that, eh, eh, what a revenge... :)
> BTW: I had a RT about the issues we discussed under this thread. Listen:

I'm all ears..
> Now that we need to have a hierachical SitemapComponentManager to make
> C2 scalable and reduce verbosity in the sitemap why can't we expose that
> SitemapComponentManager to Components and let them build the pipeline
> (or parts of it) programmatically, he he :) :) :)

Oh, gees, this is *very* RT... but I see something there... I'd say
"throw some good implementation rock at and see if it breaks".

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.