cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C1] The new FAQs...
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2000 09:39:43 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
> > Robin Green wrote:
> > >
> > > ...are not ready as promised yet, sorry. They won't build yet due to a bug
> > > in the change in the xsl and dtd to allow FAQ sections. Maybe Sunday or
> > > Monday... (okay, it is Sunday, I know.)
> > >
> > > Question: Assuming I was crazy enough to want to do this, how would I go
> > > about implementing automatic page splitting with Stylebook (e.g. new HTML
> > > page in the FAQ every 20 paragraphs)?
> >
> > Xalan extentions?
> >
> > just from the top of my head...
>
> Hmmm... didn't we talk about removing Xalan dependencies from Cocoon?

Yes, but there is no other way in Stylebook. (besides, Xalan
dependencies should be removed from C2, here we're talking about C1)

C2 will generate it's own documentation, I've been stopped by the
compiler classpath shit for a while but I plan to have something ready
to show soon.

For C2 "Command Line Edition" :) you can have a SplittingSerializer that
does that and forget about XSLT extentions (which are not portable
across implementations), but for now... no way.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.