cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WEB-INF classloading and on the fly compilation
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:47:05 GMT
Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> Sorry if this came over the wrong way, this was supposed to be joke /
> backhanded compliment. ie. Cocoon is *far* too popular [compliment]
> and is powerful stuff [compliment] (even if there are some serious
> on-the-fly compilation problems) - couldn't we put out some bad
> publicity so that we can keep it to ourselves [joke].
>
> Clearly my jokes don't pass the test which means your right, I
> probably don't deserve to be on this list 8)

No way, dude, a system is stable if there is negative feedback... you
know, having only positive feedback creates oscillators in EC and "god
wannabes" in open source (you know, RMS and the like)...

If you ended up leaving this list because some direct comment of mine,
*I* am the one that doesn't deserve to be on this list.... it doesn't
matter how good you are technologically speaking: if you can't live and
share your life with other people, what's the point of living your life?

This is why I love open source: it gives technology the human touch it
previously missed.

And the value of Apache is that is revolves around people, not around
code (code is just the excuse ;-)

So, please, accept my apologies and accept the title of "master negative
feedbacker" :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.