cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changebars
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:34:02 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 03:17:24PM +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Would be cool to have it, but in my TODO list would get the lowest
> > priority ever: you already have CVS, wouldn't it be easier to have a CVS
> > generators that prints this information in XML direclty?
>
> That could be very cool indeed. Has everyone talking about this
> seen WebCVS? It does exactly that, and something similar using
> cocoon could be deeply funky. I expect you might be able to get
> a lot of the nasty code from one of the Java CVS clients...

Yes, but jCVS is GPL-ed so we can't even redistribute something that
"hooks" to it... well, to be entirely honest, we could use all the way
reflection to go around it and have you download the jCVS jar from their
own site... hmmmm, that would work.... wouldn't work out of the box, but
who cares..

Or we could ask them to double-license the protocol part (we don't care
about the GUI) which is already LGPL (I think).

Anybody here is in touch with the jCVS people?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.