cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2|bug] weirdest bug ever
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:00:30 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Try add following lines to your code:
>
> System.out.println("Code =
> "+System.identityHashCode(s.getClass().getSuperclass()));
> System.out.println(X-Mozilla-Status: 0009ityHashCode(cs[i]));
> System.out.println("Code =
> "+System.identityHashCode(org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.class));
> System.out.println("Code =
> "+System.identityHashCode(org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap.class));
>
> These codes should be different (in your case) - and this should indicate,
> IMHO, that you have several
> class objects of the same class loaded - may be by different classloaders.

Uh, didn't think of that... here's the result:

superclass: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap (5245364)
interface: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap (2954665)
AbstractSitemap code = 6889309
Sitemap code = 670500
instance of Sitemap: false

which clearly indicate the reason why this happens.

Now: how do I cast something indicating which classloader to use?

geez, we are getting nasty... gotta take out the JLP...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.