cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Problem with Xalan1 and namespaces
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2000 05:10:28 GMT
Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> It was creating the source tree, but did not process the namespaces as part
> of it's construction (Xerces normally does that).  I don't want to add this
> feature to Xalan 1, so I defaulted to not using the Xerces namespace
> processing in this case, but instead default to my DOM default namespace
> processing.  This is more expensive than having it done inside the DOM,
> but...
>
> This requires a code change, unfortunately, to Xalan, which I have checked
> in.  I tried to find a workaround, but came up empty.
>
> Cocoon2 should make the leap to Xalan2, IMHO.  I can't promise that you
> won't come up with bugs, but at least we'll be rolling forwards, instead of
> patching backwards.  For every bug that we have it fix or diagnose in
> Xalan1, it takes away from progress of Xalan2.

Thanks, Scott. That's ok for me. So we try to make a Xalan2 a base for
C2. There is not only the XalanTransformer, there is also the XSP engine
which makes heavily use of it and if I remember well the API of Xalan2
is different than that of Xalan1 (trax).

I remember Sean Timm having done some work toward Xalan2 in C2. Are you
still on the list, Sean? Have you a status about your work?

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch