cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: Xalan compiled stylesheets
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:03:25 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
> > Hi cocooners
> >
> > I noticed that Xalan can use precompiled stylesheets with StyleSheetRoot
> > objects. Cocoon's XalanTransformer doesn't use this feature which could
> > speed up processing of frequently used stylesheets.
> >
> > I'm not fluent with transformers and cache management, so can anybody
> > give me a hint on how to implement a CachingXalanTransformer that could
> > cache compiled stylesheets ?

There is no need to implement a separat XalanTransformer which does
caching. Look at the XTTransformer for a example. It uses the store
component (which is nor implemented correctly).

> no, but i'd love to see this functionality in the cocoon codebase.

Yes, me too! I thought of awaiting the next Avalon release because of
some interfaces and classes they've written (ThreadSafe, Recyclable,
Poolable, Pool, etc.). This will take into the store component which is
used by many other sitemap components (ie compiled stylesheets). At the
moment there is no usable store component because the Cocoon class (as
ComponentManager) always instantiates a new store :<. But having these
new Interfaces the C2 ComponentManager (its the class Cocoon) might be
able to decide if a requested component must be instatiated or not.

If there is any volunteer to integrate that I'll be very happy ;-)

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch