cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [C2|bug] weirdest bug ever
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:47:20 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> With latest C2 and latest Catalina from CVS, with all jars in the
> classpath (otherwise it doesn't even compile the sitemap) I get
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.run(SitemapHandler.java:147)
>
> After accessing the /cocoon/welcome page.
>
> The strange thing that sitemap IS compiled and javap tells me that it is
> an instance of Sitemap, but at runtime it doesn't.
>
> This is both the same on JDK 1.2.2 and JDK 1.3 (on win2k)
>
> and this code added to SitemapHandler right before the class cast is
> performed
>
> Class c = s.getClass().getSuperclass();
> System.out.println("superclass: " + c.getName());
> Class[] cs = c.getInterfaces();
> for (int i = 0; i < cs.length ; i++) {
>     System.out.println(cs[i]);
> }
> System.out.println("instance of Sitemap: " + (s instanceof
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap));
>
> returns
>
> superclass: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap
> interface org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap
> instance of Sitemap: false
>
> what the hell is going on?
>
> --

I've changed the ResourcePipeline recently to have it load classes with
ClassUtils like the most of the other classes to now, but I don't think
this can be a problem. Looks like a clasloader problem? I've had a demo
this morning using Tomcat-4.0 and the latest C2 and all works charming.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch