cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: [C2|bug] weirdest bug ever
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:22:02 GMT
Not being familiar with the Cocoon codebase, I've got a real quick question
-- where do you have the Cocoon JAR files?  If they are not loaded by the
webapps class loader (i.e. because the Cocoon JARs are under WEB-INF/lib),
you can have problems like this.  I will also look into the issue more --
but a "quick and dirty" test case that illustrates the problem would be
helpful.

Craig

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> With latest C2 and latest Catalina from CVS, with all jars in the
> classpath (otherwise it doesn't even compile the sitemap) I get
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapHandler.run(SitemapHandler.java:147)
>
> After accessing the /cocoon/welcome page.
>
> The strange thing that sitemap IS compiled and javap tells me that it is
> an instance of Sitemap, but at runtime it doesn't.
>
> This is both the same on JDK 1.2.2 and JDK 1.3 (on win2k)
>
> and this code added to SitemapHandler right before the class cast is
> performed
>
> Class c = s.getClass().getSuperclass();
> System.out.println("superclass: " + c.getName());
> Class[] cs = c.getInterfaces();
> for (int i = 0; i < cs.length ; i++) {
>     System.out.println(cs[i]);
> }
> System.out.println("instance of Sitemap: " + (s instanceof
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap));
>
> returns
>
> superclass: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap
> interface org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap
> instance of Sitemap: false
>
> what the hell is going on?
>
> --

                                    Applications to Tomcat