cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject [C2|bug] weirdest bug ever
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:09:37 GMT
With latest C2 and latest Catalina from CVS, with all jars in the
classpath (otherwise it doesn't even compile the sitemap) I get

After accessing the /cocoon/welcome page.

The strange thing that sitemap IS compiled and javap tells me that it is
an instance of Sitemap, but at runtime it doesn't.

This is both the same on JDK 1.2.2 and JDK 1.3 (on win2k)

and this code added to SitemapHandler right before the class cast is

Class c = s.getClass().getSuperclass();
System.out.println("superclass: " + c.getName());
Class[] cs = c.getInterfaces();
for (int i = 0; i < cs.length ; i++) {
System.out.println("instance of Sitemap: " + (s instanceof

superclass: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap
interface org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Sitemap
instance of Sitemap: false

what the hell is going on?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.