cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Zvi <the...@ifrance.com>
Subject Re: [C2]Access control using sitemap
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:03:58 GMT
Hi Giacomo,

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Zvi wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > [skipped]

> > > ???
> > >
> > > Do you seriously think that something like this
> > >
> > >  <page>
> > >   <sitebar xinclude:href="/sitebar"/>
> > >    blah blah
> > >  </page>
> > >
> > > is too hard to use?
> >
> > not so hard, but it's on the individual page level, in my app I need take the XML
> > fragment of sidebar and transform it with XSLT and only then iclude into document.
> > Especially highly needed, ability to programmaticaly call XSPs, i.e. include XSP
> > inside other XSP without internal HTTP requests. I think better to do that at
> > sitemap level, example:
> >
> >   <match type="uri" pattern="myapp/**">
> >         <vaiable name="sitebar">
> >           <generate src="myapp/sitebar.xml"/>
> >           <transform src="myapp/sitebar.xsl"/>
> >         </variable>
> >         <vaiable name="footer">
> >           <generate src="myapp/footer.xml"/>
> >           <transform src="myapp/footer.xsl"/>
> >         </variable>
> >         <generate src="myapp/page.xml">
> >             <param name="sitebar" value="$sitebar"/>
> >             <param name="footer" value="$footer"/>
> >          </generate>
> >         <transform src="myapp/page.xsl"/>
> >          <serialize type="html"/>
> >   </match>
> >
> > In short we need aggregation on the sitemap level and not only on the individual
XSP
> > page level.
>
> Is it so hard to write a simple transformer that does this???
>
>   <match type="uri" pattern="myapp/**">
>     <generate src="myapp/page.xml">
>     <transform type="my-include" src="myapp/sitebar.xml">
>       <param name="stylesheet" value="myapp/sitebar.xsl"/>
>       <param name="position" value="left"/>
>     </transform>
>     <transform type="my-include" src="myapp/footer.xml">
>       <param name="stylesheet" value="myapp/footer.xsl"/>
>       <param name="position" value="bottom"/>
>     </transform>
>     <transform src="myapp/page.xsl"/>
>     <serialize type="html"/>
>   </match>
>
> IMHO its totally easy to write such a "my-include" transformer, don't
> you think? And you can easily read it top down.

Can you explain how this work? Is that real C2 sitemap example?
In my example I need 2 xsp's transformed, before inclusion in another XSP document - and
in your example you include them on the transformation stage.
And this is not the same thing.
What I don't like in C2 sitemap, that there is many things hidden, to reduce verbosity,
but I think it's also reduce redability. What for example happend with results of two
intermidiate transforms, how can I understand from this sitemap them going to be included
into resulting document?

Regards,
Zvi