cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <Giacomo.P...@pwr.ch>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Devel] Re: [C2] UML Class Diagram for SiteMap
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:20:32 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> [...]

Yes, I've seen it and tried it using cocoon. Yes it work well, but
still, why the XalanTransformer doesn't?.

> "
> > Regarding the sitemap stylesheet having problems with namespaces, well
> > il works all well with XT
> >    <map:transformer     name="xt"      src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XTTransformer"/>
> > instead of Xalan as a Transformer.
> "
>
> So I asked myself:"why XT and not Xalan?".
> So I put the Logger before and after the transformer but from defunct
>  xalan came no meaningful event.
> Then I went into the Transformer and tried X combinantions with parameters and
> Loggers-notifiers (with x -> infinity ;-) ) ... result: no luck.
> So I thought:"Giacomo said that from commandline all is ok...hmmm".
> So I downloaded Xalan from my speedy 56k modem al 600 bytes/sec (ok, I know
> you don't give a damn about it ;-) )

Hey Nicola, why did you downlaod xalan? You already have it in the
cocoon cvs ;-)

> and tried an example with the sitemap file
> and stylesheet: it doesn't work!
> Take away namespaces -> it works!
> The example is PureSAX.
> I also changed it to use compiled stylesheets as they say in the xalan docs but
> no, it doesn't work. :-(
> What's going on?!? ;-)

No, no. I've done it a hundered times on the commandline. You should use
the following in the cocoon directory:

   java -classpath lib/xerces_1_2.jar:lib/xalan_1_2_D01.jar \
        org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process \
        -in webapp/sitemap.xmap \
        -xsl webapp/stylesheets/sitemap/simple-sitemap2html.xsl \
        -out ../a.html
        -html

(or the appropriate if you use a window system) and you'll see it works
correctly.

Giacomo

                                          Web:   http://www.pwr.ch