cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@bali.ac>
Subject Re: [Cocoon Devel] Re: [C2] UML Class Diagram for SiteMap
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2000 07:17:57 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Niclas Hedhman <niclas@bali.ac> wrote:
> > Generate SVG formatted UML documentation of the Sitemap on the fly???
>
> Can you explain a bit in detail, because I don't get what you want to
> see?

UML, Universal Modelling Language (or whatever :o) view of the inheritance, associations,
patterns and so forth of the classes that are being used to execute the Sitemap.

That means drawing small boxes with rounded corners, the lines and all that stuff (look at
TogetherJ). This can not be done static, and would be a maintenance headache for site
management in companies that requires this level of documentation.

I am also saying it is an incredible formidable task to achieve, but would suck the
headlights off anything else on the market; "Automatic UML documentation of a dynamic
system.", since I recon it should be able to include all XSP stuff as well, via the
component links in the sitemap.

Nice if we could get Peter Coad interested, since TogetherJ is able to generated pretty good
UML out of Java source code...

Just a outrageous idea, I guess...

Niclas