cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Cocoon with Tomcat
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 23:01:47 GMT
"Pier P. Fumagalli" wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > Ross Burton wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Who out there runs Cocoon 2 inside Tomcat?  I'm using the latest CVS of C2
> > > and a CVS of Tomcat just after the 3.2 milestone (to fix a nasty bug IIRC).
> > > When I load Tomcat there are approx. 20 JVMs in the process list (probably
> > > most of them are threads) which take up over 100M!  Is this usual?  Is my
> > > tomcat somehow huge?  I've been talking to Pier about this and he reckons
> > > that Tomcat shouldn't be above 25M, so has anybody got any idea what is
> > > going on?
> >
> > I'm working with Catalina (Tomcat 4.0-dev) and do not have these
> > problems. You might want to switch (cvs checkout jakarta-tomcat-4.0
> > since the module name has changed.
>
> Hmm... How much memory do you see consumed by Catalina+Cocoon???

For sure less than 100Mb otherwise my machine (128Mb of RAM) will choke
big time. I'd estimate no more than usual 10Mb, but I can't really tell
you now since my Cocoon2 doesn't work (trying to chase what they appear
as classloading problems since I've placed everything in WEB-INF/lib and
for something it works for something else it doesn't... very weird...)

But I agree, should be more than 25Mb (on SUN JDK1.3 for Win2k)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.