cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Cocoon with Tomcat
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 22:57:58 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> --- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> > Ross Burton wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Who out there runs Cocoon 2 inside Tomcat?  I'm using the latest
> > CVS of C2
> > > and a CVS of Tomcat just after the 3.2 milestone (to fix a nasty
> > bug IIRC).
> > > When I load Tomcat there are approx. 20 JVMs in the process list
> > (probably
> > > most of them are threads) which take up over 100M!  Is this usual?
> > Is my
> > > tomcat somehow huge?  I've been talking to Pier about this and he
> > reckons
> > > that Tomcat shouldn't be above 25M, so has anybody got any idea
> > what is
> > > going on?
> >
> > I'm working with Catalina (Tomcat 4.0-dev) and do not have these
> > problems. You might want to switch (cvs checkout jakarta-tomcat-4.0
> > since the module name has changed.
>
> He, guy, what happend? First you're totally behind by staying with
> jserv and now you totally at the from of servlet engines :)

Now that I know that Pierpaolo is working on Tomcat 4.0, no real need to
stay with the good old stuff. (and he also promised me the traybar icon
for starting/stopping/restarting and I can't wait to have it :)

BTW, Tomcat 4.0-dev is MUUUUUCH better than 3.2-dev and when I say much
I mean it. Go throw your 3.2-dev down the drain.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.