cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Pier P. Fumagalli" <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Cocoon with Tomcat
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2000 08:23:35 GMT
Ross Burton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Who out there runs Cocoon 2 inside Tomcat?  I'm using the latest CVS of C2
> and a CVS of Tomcat just after the 3.2 milestone (to fix a nasty bug IIRC).
> When I load Tomcat there are approx. 20 JVMs in the process list (probably
> most of them are threads) which take up over 100M!  Is this usual?  Is my
> tomcat somehow huge?  I've been talking to Pier about this and he reckons
> that Tomcat shouldn't be above 25M, so has anybody got any idea what is
> going on?

Ok... Just to point out that the 20 processes on your PS (I've seen
Ross' output) are just threads... We already cleared up this one, but
the memory consumption is awfully over 100 Mb (on the overall process,
and NOT summing each thread memory consumption... Every process/thread
in PS consumes the same amount 123 Mb of RAM! total 123 Mb allocated by
the VM...)

Craig said it's approximately 25/30 last time I asked...

	Pier